I might have mentioned to you before, that eating avocado’s by themselves really doesn’t float my boat. I like to use them in ways, where they taste delicious, whilst maximising their full nutrient profile.
This is my second, favourite way to eat avocado’s, and as I write this post, it’s inspiring me to think of other recipes. Maybe I’ll do a whole recipe book using, just avocado’s………….
- 2 medium size avocado’s
- 1-2 small tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 a small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 a freshly squeezed lime
- 1 chilli chopped (keep the seeds in if you like, I removed mine)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mixing bowl
- Large fork or masher
- Table spoon
- Start by cutting the avocado in half & removing the stone
- Then using your tbsp scoop the flesh out from the skin
- Add to your mixing bowl & season with salt
- Using your large fork or masher, give the avocado a good bashing
- I don’t like mine too lumpy, so I really mash it down
- Next add the lime & mix in (I like to use a tbsp at this point, it’s easier to mix stuff in)
- Then add your tomato/es, onion, garlic, chilli, and mix it in, well
- Finally, season with salt & pepper to taste
You may want to add a little more lime if you like it a little, wetter. For me, this balance works just right.
Usually this is enough for two people, however, I was a very hungry caveman yesterday, and I ate the lot in one sitting, topped onto some baked sweet potatoes.
Healthy food doesn’t need to be boring, or expensive. It takes a little more effort reap to the rewards.