This is a cracking way to start your day, fresh from your sleepy hollow. The best bits, you don’t need any equipment, it’s quick, easy, and it packs a punch!
- Water (there should be plenty of this floating around the house, filtered if you’re really posh)
- 1/2 a freshly squeezed lemon
- A good knob of peeled, ginger
- End of a tsp of ground turmeric
- Small tumbler
- Preferably some clothing, unless you like to display yourself of a morning
- Fill your small-ish tumbler with water
- Then finely chop the ginger
- It’s important to get the ginger finely chopped, as you now place it between your fingers/hand, and then squeeze, so that none falls into the glass, but the juice/liquid does
- You don’t get much, but it’s enough to serve its purpose
- Now we squeeze the lemon
- Then add the turmeric
- Now we give it a really good stir
- Then down the hatch!
If you let the water settle, it tastes very grainy from the turmeric. That’s fine if you don’t mind the texture, but for me, I get it all down in one.
Use this every day when you first wake up, before sticking the kettle on. To save some time, you could always pre-cut & peel some ginger and then place them into a sealed container for the rest of the week.
Add this into your morning routine, and see what happens……….