As promised, here is my simple hot chocolate recipe, once again making good use of homemade almond milk.
- 1 mug of almond milk (or milk alternative of choice)
- 1 heaped tsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp of agave (or natural sweetener of choice)
- High-speed blender (you can whip this up in the pot if you don’t have one)
- Small pot
- Heat (gas or electric hob’s are all the rage these days)
- Add almond milk to your mug, and fill almost to the top
- Add the milk to your pot, and heat on a med/high heat
- Stir until you see steam start to come from the pot (I don’t like mine too hot)
- I am not sure of this will burn like cow’s milk if you have the heat too high? But it has been ok for me on a high-ish heat…..
- Add almond milk to your blender, along with cacao & sweetener of choice
- Blitz for around 3-5 seconds
- Add to your mug
- Indulge yourself
I love hot/warm drinks at this time of year, but don’t want to go crazy on the caffeine. This ticks all my boxes, and makes me feel happy.
Try adding some cinnamon to the mixture, sprinkle on top, or use anything else that your heart desires. It’s your drink, have it your way.
If you aren’t already part of the ‘30 Day Caveman Challenge‘ community, then click the highlighted text, ask to join the page, and get involved.