We all like our morning brew, and for me, I am particularly fond of coffee. Cow’s milk hasn’t been part of my diet for some time (although occasionally I do buckle when out of the country), with my reason/thinking being, that we simply don’t need it, especially for it’s claim of being the best provider of calcium.
Black coffee is often an option, but I do like that frothy feeling that your local barista creates when you order a Latte.
Almond milk has been a daily staple for me for almost three years now, and this twist on the conventional cup of Joe, gives me that warm fuzzy feeling that I’m looking for.
- Splash of almond milk (try my homemade version)
- Small cafetiere of ground coffee (or use instant coffee straight into the blender with hot water)
- Small pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp agave, or sweetener of choice (optional)
- High speed blender/food processor
- Drinking device (try a mug for best results)
- Boil the kettle and then add water to cafetiere
- If you are using instant coffee, add coffee to the blender jug, along with hot water
- Whilst the coffee is brewing, add the almond milk & cinnamon to the blender, along with sweetener if using
- Then add the brewed coffee to the blender & blend for 3-5 seconds
- Finally add to your drinking device of choice
You may want to add some cinnamon sprinkles to the top of the drinking device, or maybe even some, Raw cacao powder if you like it a little bitter.
I often add 1 tsp of, Raw cacao powder to the blender to give it more a mocha, feel to it, and it works a treat.
Stay tuned for my hot chocolate recipe using just three ingredients.