I am always trying new recipes in the kitchen, in particular, desserts, and not only that, I like to try and keep them as close to their natural state as can be.
This avocado recipe does all of the above.
- 2 medium size, ripe avocado’s
- 2-3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Splash of almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2-4 tbsp raw agave (or sweetener of choice)
- 2-3 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Food processor
- Peel avocado & remove stone and add to the food processor
- Add coconut oil & almond milk
- Blitz until smooth (this should take around 10-20 seconds depending on your machine)
- Then add the cacao powder and blend (10-20 seconds)
- You may need to scrape the sides with your spoon to mix it all in
- Add more almond milk if too thick
- Then add agave, and blend for a few seconds
- Check to see if sweet enough, and add more if needed
- Finally add the mixture to two ramekins or small bowls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
Being someone that doesn’t really like the taste of avocado’s on their own, or the texture of them, I find this an amazing way to eat them. It gives me the sweet fix that I’m looking for, all the while making me feel a little bit smug about eating something healthy, and loaded with goodness.
Keep training hard, keep moving well, and let’s stay fit & healthy for a very long time to come.