This is a recipe that I have been using for the past three or so years, and it’s still one of my favourites! Not only do they taste bloody amazing, they are made with nothing but raw, natural ingredients, so you can eat them, feel really smug about it, all with the pleasure of a guilt free conscience!
I have played around with the flavourings many times, and so should you. Make them your own, I know what I like, and it took me a couple of goes to get them to my liking. Don’t be afraid to experiment, the variations are infinite (almost)!
- 150-200g raw cacao butter
- 4-8 tbsp of raw cacao powder (add 2 tbsp at a time to gauge consistency)
- 2-3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 handful of shelled (and outer skin removed too) pistachios, and ground using a pestle & mortar
- 2-3 tbsp Xylitol (use agave nectar, coconut sugar, maple syrup etc)
- 1 handful of desiccated coconut
Orange zest works really well in these chocolates, I have also used freeze dried raspberries & strawberries, which are divine!
A great alternative for your kids, they will love getting involved making them, plus they are ridiculously healthier than almost any shop bought chocolate!
Stick them in the freezer ready at your disposal…….
(for this, and many more clean eating recipes, go to the RECIPES page for more info)
Keep training hard, keep moving well, and let’s stay fit & healthy for a very long time to come!!