I would like to thank, Ross, from Energise for life, for this amazing recipe. Ross has some incredible recipes that will help you fight inflammation, decrease your risk of chronic disease, and all doing so whilst giving you an abundance of energy.
If you, or someone that you know is constantly feeling sluggish, tired, and lacking plenty of get up an go, there is a good chance that the body is in a constant acidic state (not a good place to be in). If your body has chronic inflammation you won’t be functioning properly, causing all sorts of havoc on the insides, from poor digestion, right down achy joints and muscle soreness.
Trying to decrease inflammation is probably one the most effective, yet simplest ways to help us perform and feel better. So by drinking this rich, alkaline smoothie, you will be re-balancing your PH levels to help fight the acidity which is causing the inflammatory issues in the first place. Drink daily for a week or so, then see how amazed you feel!
This serves two people:
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 inch of fresh turmeric, grated
- Handful of baby spinach
- Handful of watercress (or rocket/arugula)
- 1 small soft avocado
- 1/2 capsicum
- Big handful of flat-leaf parsley and/ or coriander
- 1 cup coconut water (or filtered water)
- Big pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt
- Grate the roots into the blender and add the avocado and coconut water
- Blend this to form a base
- Next add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
Add these ingredients to the shopping list, and make sure you give this one a try! I am extremely interested to hear your story with any of these recipes. So please don’t be shy, let’s all bask in your new found vitality!
Stay strong people!